Bike rental in Altea
Want to go cycling during your holiday in the sun but worried about lugging a huge bike case around and trusting your precious machine to airline baggage handlers? Don’t want to clutter up the back of your car and ruin your fuel consumption with a vulnerable bike rack? Don’t want to use a bigger car? Or just fancy trying out a new model or something different? Then you ought to think about bike hire! Rent a bike near Altea, on Spain’s Costa Blanca, with a road bike, mountain bike or e-bike from Peloton Belgica.
Peloton Belgica is a new player in the road bike, mountain bike and electric bike rental game, launched in September 2021 and operating from Altea to cover the surrounding parts of the Costa Blanca region – places like Altea, Calpe, La Nucia, Polop, Benidorm, Finestrat and Albir.
Bjorn is a dedicated cyclist, both on and off the road, but with a particular fondness for mountain biking. Both of us have a strong business background with Wendy managing a daycare since 2008 while Bjorn was in sales. Our dream was to set up a business together in sunny Spain, working with bikes and people.
Because we like to keep in touch with our roots in one of the world’s leading cycling countries, which is also where many of our customers come from, we chose the name Peloton Belgica.
Peloton Belgica has three types of bike, in five models, ready for you to enjoy:
- Ridley Road Bikes. Why Ridley? A top Belgian brand just to strengthen Peloton Belgica’s links with our roots
- Scott Road Bikes – you can rent either the Addict RC10 or the Addict RC20, both with top level equipment like Sram Etap AXS. Our RC10s are fitted with power meter so you can analyse every detail of your rides
- Scott Spark RC Mountain Bikes, with top level equipment. Bjorn himself is a passionate mountain biker and has been riding Scott bikes for 15 years.
- Electric Mountain Bikes. Are you mad about mountain biking but not quite in top condition? Then we can offer you a go on the Scott Genius eRIDE.
- Electric City Bikes – with geometry that is less focused on racing and more on enduring!
All our bikes are fitted with SRAM AXS fully electronic 12-speed gearing
Why rent one of our bikes?
- High-end machines
- Supplied with a personal touch
- 2022 models
- Prepared by people who really know their way around bikes and all the latest cycling technology
- Free pick-up and collection at your location
- Set up perfectly for you just like your own bike at home.
- One-stop shopping: we can organise a package deal including bike hire plus accommodation at the cyclist-friendly **** Hotel Cap Negret in Altea
- Guided rides and help finding routes
Cycling in and around Altea
The Costa Blanca is on Spain’s Mediterranean coast, with a climate to match. The town of Altea is in the province of Alicante, just 60km away from Alicante airport. The picturesque old town is a place you can wander round for hours, from one restaurant to another. The climate in Altea is comfortable year-round; it’s an area where many people choose to spend their winters. With more than three hundred sunny days a year, it’s the perfect spot for a cycling holiday!
This hilly region has plenty to offer, with well-known climbs including the ever-popular Coll de Rates from Jalon, Vall d’Ebo out of Pego, Puerto de Tudons from the Sella side, the Puerto de Bernia, and many more. We can provide all the info you need for some of our favorite cycling routes, or even lead your group round – just let us know!
Guided bicycle tours
Don’t know the roads, and not sure where to go? You can come to us for guided bike rides, as individuals or as a group. We split up rides by ability level to suit everybody, both on the road and on mountain bikes.
We also offer package deals in conjunction with Hotel Cap Negret in Altea, including a hotel room and one of our bikes. See our package page for more details!
How does hiring a bike with Peloton Belgica work?
- Choose your bike on the website
- Choose the rental period
- Choose the optional extras you want, like helmet, GPS mount, or insurance
- Pay online using the Mollie payment service
- We contact you to confirm the booking
- We set up the bikes precisely to your requirements by using a Bikefit
- We drop the bikes off at the your location and collect them again at the end of the stay.